Dear Friends and Neighbors,
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope your family, like mine, is getting ready for a great time together. Along with the start of the holiday season, the cooler weather and fallen tree leaves signal another change. It's nearly time for the state's next legislative session.
To prepare, lawmakers gathered at the state Capitol last week for Committee Assembly Days. Along with my colleagues, I attended caucus meetings, committee hearings, and workgroups. The discussions that took place were about bills and public policy issues that will be debated and decided in 2020.
Video updates | 2020 bill proposals and a local transportation project
During my recent district video tour, I filmed a short update on two of the bills I'm proposing in 2020 and another about a local transportation project in Aberdeen.
In the first video, I stopped outside of the historic Grays Harbor Courthouse to talk about the need for a return of law and order in our communities and state. I've drafted a bill for the upcoming 2020 session that would increase criminal penalties for voter fraud. Another bill seeks to give local law enforcement greater flexibility when assisting U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Watch below:
Local transportation projects | Aberdeen
In this next video, I discuss a local transportation project needed near the Olympic Gateway Plaza. The East Aberdeen Mobility Project includes a proposal for an overpass that would avoid rail traffic and give local businesses and customers better, safer access. This project is critical for our communities. Take a look:
Want to track my bills and others during the 2020 session?
- Go to leg.wa.gov
- On the left-hand panel, click “Bill Information.”
- If you know the bill number, enter it in the search field and hit enter.
- Don't have a bill number? Under the section “Bills by Topic,” you'll find alternative tracking tools. You can search based on topic, bill number and initiative.
- If you click on the House Floor Calendar, this helpful tool gives you a detailed list of all bills scheduled to be heard on the House floor each day.
- Need more information? Please feel free to contact me if you need more details on specific bills.
Your feedback is always welcome. If you have a concern or question about state government, call or email me. My contact information is attached below.
It's an honor to serve you!